What’s The Difference Between On Page and Off-Page SEO?
On-page SEO is making your website more visible to search engines. Off-page SEO is targeting traffic and back links from other websites with reference to your keywords.
On Page SEO Tactics
On Page SEO is different for every website. The trick is to make your website as clean and search engine friendly as possible. If your website is not optimized correctly then you have less of a chance of getting good results in the search engines. With Google making constant changes, upkeep is very important. What was once a critical on-page tactic may now not, being a waste of space in every passing year. Google’s ultimate goal is to provide a person with the absolute best search results for whatever a person is searching for. Yet, with so many sites trying to manipulate the system, Google continues to reinvent the standard in which websites are measured. The following are a few tactics that help with better results:
- Premium content- make sure that you have unique content on every single page.
- Indexed in search engines – make all of your pages known to Google, while blocking the less important ones like login pages etc
- Repair broken links- any deleted pages or posts, broken links or URL changes cause errors and hurt your overall site rankings
- Titles- writing proper SEO friendly titles. Also titles need to be assigned an order of value (H1,H2 etc). Google needs to know which are the most important pages on your site.
- Label all of your images
- Code is valid, in some instances bad code can lead to search engines not being able to properly read a page. Use the W3C validator to check your markup.
- Speed- test your websites loading speed here, if it takes longer than 6 seconds you may want to improve for search engines and readers.
- Add a Canonical link- “Canonicalization is the process of picking the best URL when there are several choices“ -Matt Cutts, Google Engineer
- Reduce the amount of outgoing links
Read up on more of Ethical Champ’s SEO Pages